Vicky Teaches English
a UK-based online English teacher
Improving your English communication skills
- Do you need to improve your English?
- Do you need lessons which are specialised to your individual needs?
- Are you looking for a skilled and experienced teacher?
- Are you motivated to practise English outside of class, by doing self-study and homework?
Hi, my name’s Vicky.
I live in Cambridge, UK. I am a native British English speaker. I’ve been teaching English as a foreign language in the UK and overseas for over 12 years.
I’ve taught English to students of many nationalities and professions, including students, businesspeople, doctors, lawyers, and others.
I have helped students pass TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS, and EiKen English tests.
- Lessons are 50-minutes, by Skype or Zoom. Please contact me to arrange a convenient time.
- To maximise in-lesson speaking time, I will give homework so that you can completely prepare for each lesson. It’s also important to review each lesson. Please make sure that you have around 2 to 3 hours free time per week for lesson preparation, study, and practise. Self-study is important for quick improvement.
- £25 per lesson, to be paid by PayPal or Payoneer.
Each student is unique. Lessons will be personalised to your goals, whether you need English for business or study, wish to improve your grammar or pronunciation, or a combination.
I use a range of popular textbooks such as Language Leader, Market Leader and English Grammar in Use. I also add extra materials to make each lesson unique.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Maximised speaking practice
To improve quickly, speaking practice is essential. As a result, lessons provide as much time for students to talk as possible.
To maximise speaking time, I give homework so that students can prepare well for the next lesson. It’s also important to review and practise after each lesson.
Schedule a free 20-minute consultation
English Teaching Experience:
- General English
- English training for everyday life in the UK
- Academic English tuition
- English for Business (meetings, negotiations, discussions, formal English, etc)
- Native British English pronunciation training
- IELTS exam preparation
- TOEIC exam preparation
- TOEFL exam preparation
- 英検 exam interview section preparation
- Dec 2015: Japanese Language Proficiency Test Level 2, Pass
- Nov 2010: Manchester Academy of English: CELTA (Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults), Pass Grade B
- Sep 2001 – Jun 2004: University of Leicester: Bachelor of Science (BSc), Psychology 2:1
- May 2017 – Present: Self-employed English Teacher
- Apr 2019 – Nov 2019: Jean’s English School, Yokohama, Japan
- Jun 2019 – Sep 2019: Berkeley House Language Center, Tokyo, Japan
- Apr 2019 – Sep 2019: Athenée Français, Tokyo, Japan
- Apr 2018 – Jan 2019: English Language Education Council (ELEC), Tokyo, Japan
- Dec 2016 – Dec 2018: Toraiz, Tokyo, Japan
- Oct 2013 – Dec 2016: Berlitz Japan, Tokyo, Japan
- May 2013 – Sep 2013: Berlitz, Manchester, UK
- May 2011 – Apr 2012: British Red Cross, Bolton, UK
- Sep 2008 – Mar 2010: ECC Foreign Language Institute, Kansai, Japan
- Japanese calligraphy